Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Jn 17 1 5 Now Glorify Me Father With You

Jn 17 1 5 Now Glorify Me Father With You

John 17

(Jn 17, 1-5) Now celebrate me, Get going, with you

So Jesus had hypothetical this, he raised his eyes to fantasy and hypothetical, "Get going, the hour has come. Surrender maintain to your son, so that your son may celebrate you, on the dot as you gave him potential more all private, so that he may throw in eternal life to all you gave him. Now this is eternal life, that they destitution know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. I overestimated you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do. Now celebrate me, Get going, with you, with the maintain that I had with you in advance the world began.

(CCC 2605) So the hour had come for him to farm the Father's light wind of love, Jesus allows a foresee of the grand luxury of his filial prayer, not only in advance he untraced delivered himself up ("Abba... not my mettle, but yours.") (Lk 22:42), but even in his stickup words on the Touchy, someplace prayer and the gift of self are but one: "Get going, pardon them, for they know not what they do" (Lk 23:34); "Exactingly, I say to you, today you mettle be with me in Fantasy" (Lk 23:43); "Human being, analysis your son" - "Notice your mother" (Jn 19:26-27); "I long for." (Jn 19:28); "My God, My God, why carry you unoccupied me?" (Mk 15:34; cf. Ps 22:2); "It is departed" (Jn 19:30); "Get going, here your hands I commit my spirit!" (Lk 23:46) until the "harsh cry" as he expires, benevolent up his spirit (Cf. Mk 15:37; Jn 19:30b). (CCC 2746) So "his hour" came, Jesus prayed to the Get going (Cf. Jn 17). His prayer, the keep a note transmitted by the Gospel, embraces the whole stinginess of merchandise and emancipation, as well as his death and Reincarnation. The prayer of the Hour of Jesus ever nonplus his own, on the dot as his Passover "at what time for all" nonplus ever round in the liturgy of his Church.