Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Heather Seems To Be A Theme

Heather Seems To Be A Theme
Hi Dears!

Having justified made my Heather Gnome, I've further new fairy magic candles to my etsy store, see my etsy communicate on the slap of the page.

I've been working on unacknowledged to match up accumulation some unnecessary book requested my my editor for the book that atmosphere purloin my expectations deck "The Shout of the Plants." So that's detention me coupled up for a brisk bit, I'm source for myself from art until I'm done. But I justified had to drop in in the role of it seems that heather is a raise that isn't made with me fairly yet!

Heather is one of the "plants" from my new deck, so typically, I devour an face of heather for the deck. In the deck based on the Celtic Ogham, heather stands for transition and mansion. It tells of either a manufacturing or doting mansion, one with a good handiwork to become from. So that's pretty cool, in the role of my husband Dan and I are both doting and manufacturing partners! Gotta love that!

So it seems that the heather energy is swirling all on me slap now, my horoscope even sounded sultry to my dvininatory meaning for the heather card. So I ran up to the store this evening to first-class up a match up of threads I considered necessary for feast. I shop at my come together Aldi a lot in the role of it's failure and I'm parsimonious. As I grabbed the flier trade fair with weeks specials on my way out the entry, slap expound on the advance guard, they're going to devour heather vegetation for fall starting Thursday Sept. 9! Wooo-hoo! So heads up all you Aldi shoppers, their heather vegetation are 3.99 each, justified position a few for me ok? It looks be attracted to Scottish Heather, (Calluna vulgaris) and yes, I looked it up, according to the Missouri Botanical Area, grows well in zones 4-6. Now the bad statistics, it likes punish that drains well, doesn't suffer stoneware, and idea what my garden is? You guessed it, my whole lodge is stoneware. And, it besides doesn't dig hot overwhelming summers, and I'm in Missouri. So I may devour to first-class up a big pot to raise a brisk heather in. We'll see if it's Scottish Heather or Mexican Heather (Cuphea hyssopifolia) besides knowna as feigned heather, yep, no tie. Mexican heather grows well in Missouri as an annual report.

So I'll post on Thursday the 6th and let you know which one it is in crate any of you be attracted to to pop all the rage your come together Aldi and first-class some up. In the meantime, in attendance is the art for the heather card from the Shout of the Plants deck.

This card shows heather flourishing diagonally the heath. In the foregroundwe see a match up whos hands are coupled together with a trace of checked long curtains in an old marriage rite specific as handfasting, it's someplace the assign "tying the sort" comes from. Less their hands is a Celtic cauldron full of heather blossoms. The cauldron in Celtic lore represents transition, reawakening, and besides inclusiveness. I modeled the cauldron one time the popular and ancient Gundestrup Cauldron.

I mocked this up in Photoshop trade fair a hurdle, since the deck is published it atmosphere devour a for one person hurdle, I can't trail off to see what the art dept. at Llewellyn comes up with, they do really fine work! Blessings, Mickie