Popular Posts

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Some Wiccan Chants And Invocations

Some Wiccan Chants And Invocations Image

By Amethyst Hawke

CC by Boris SV

An Invocation is the calling of a God or Goddess. Wiccan witches work with the Gods and Goddesses for their universal energies to provide balance in the magical rituals. It is important to balance the male and female, yin and yang, as these two energy sources provide harmony and the correct direction of the channeled energy. Invocations can be as simple or as complex as you desire. Gods and Goddesses can be invoked with herbs, numbers, colors, even images, and at certain times of the year corresponding to the lunar or solar cycle, as well as with "Wiccan chants".

INVOCATION OF THE ELEMENTS


"Air, Fire, Water, Earth,"Elements of Astral birth,"I call you now, attend to me."

"In the circle rightly cast,"Safe from psychic curse or blast,"I call you now, attend to me."

"From cave and desert, sea and hill,"By wand, blade, cup and pentacle,"I call you now, attend to me."

"This is my will, so mote it be!"

These prayers below can be utilized to invoke the Goddess and God during a ritual following the casting of the circle. You can change the words as you see fit. These particular Wiccan chants are refer to one specific deity, but note that "All the Gods are one God; and all the Goddesses are one Goddess, and there is one initiator." You could also use the chants to raise energy levels.

INVOCATION TO THE GODDESS


"Crescent One of the starry skies,"Flowered One of the fertile plain,"

"Flowing One of the ocean's sighs,"Blessed One of the gentle rain."

"Hear my chant 'midst the standing stones,"Open me to your mystic light."

"Waken me to your silver tones,"Be with me in my sacred rite!"

INVOCATION TO PAN


"O Great God Pan,"Beast and man,"Shepherd of goats and Lord of the Land,"

"I call you to attend my rites,"On this most magical of nights."

"God of the wine,"God of the vine,"God of the fields and god of the kine,"

"Attend my circle with your love,"And send Your blessings from above."

"Help me to heal,"Help me to feel,"Help me to bring forth love and weal."

"Pan of the forests, Pan of the glade,"Be with me as my magic is made!"

ISIS INVOCATION


"Isis of the Moon," You who are all that ever was,"

"All that is,"And all that shall be."

"Come veiled Queen of Night,"Come as the scent of the sacred lotus,"

"Charging my circle,"With love and magic."

"Do descend upon my circle,"I pray,"O Blessed Isis!"

PRAYER TO THE HORNED GOD


"Horned One of the wilderness,"Winged One of the shining skies,"

"Rayed One of the splen'drous Sun,"Fallen One of the Samhain cries."

"I call amidst the standing stones,"Praying that you, O ancient One,"

"Will design to bless my mystic rites,"O fiery Lord of the Blazing Sun!"

NEW MOON CHANT TO DIANA


"Waxing, waxing, growing, growing,"Diana's power is flowing, flowing."(Repeat)"

CALL TO THE GOD


"Ancient God of the forest deeps,"Master of beast and Sun,"

"Here where the world is hushed and sleeps,"Now that the day is done."

"I call You in the ancient way,"Here in my circle round,"

"Asking that You will hear me pray,"And send Your Sun force down."

INVOCATION TO THE GODDESS


"Gracious Goddess,"You who are the Queen of the Gods,"

"the lamp of night,"the creator of all that is wild and free,"

"Mother of woman and man,"Lover of the Horned God and protectress of all the Wicca,"

"Descend I pray,"With Your Lunar ray of power", "upon my circle here!"

INVOCATION TO THE GOD


"Blazing God,"You Who are the King of the Gods,"

"Lord of the Sun,"Master of all that is wild and free,"

"Father of woman and man,"Lover of the Moon Goddess and protector of all the Wicca,"

"Descend I pray,"With Your Solar ray of power,"upon my circle here!"

GODDESS CHANT


"Luna, Luna, Luna, Diana", "Luna, Luna, Luna, Diana"

"Bless me, bless me, bless me, Diana,"Luna, Luna, Luna, Diana."(Repeat)"

EVENING CHANT TO THE GOD


"Hail fair Sun,"Ruler of day,"Rise on the morn,"To light my way."

"(Said while watching the sunset)"

EVENING CHANT TO THE GODDESS


"Hail fair Moon,"Ruler of night,"Guard me and mine,"Until the light."

"(Said while Moon gazing)"

GODDESS CHANT


"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah", "Ooooooooooooooooooh", "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,"

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee", "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

The vowels of the English Language. Pronounce A=Ah, O=O, U=Oo, E=E, I=eye. This rouses the psychic mind and produces Goddess awareness.

"Thanks to Scott Cunningham for his Invocations, Prayers and Chants."