Popular Posts

Friday 16 November 2012

X Is For Xmas

X Is For Xmas
With Samhain behind us and Yule fast in front of its time for us to put into practice ourselves for our constant dear, Keep on Memes. Just now I saw a on Facebook a friend post "Put aside Christ in Christmas". Now at the same time as raised in the south I can command you that starting this time of court we see these on billboards, courtyard signs and on church marquees. Here's an lecture of a billboard with a particular statement.Now, I love vocabulary. Word birth and puns make my day. With a trivial bit of digging and with the help of Merriam-Webster.com, I found the supreme way to expose to my Christian friends that Xmas, isn't a four announcement word.Origins - X is from the Greek subsequent CHI (X), fundamental of Christos Christ) + mas = CHRIST MAS or Christmas.Unqualified right? I did it. It is not Satan. It is not Pagan's attempting to derail their holiday. IT IS Christmas.Martial with this formidable information I headed exclusive to a company member's Facebook page. I saw she posted that undomesticated statement and she's a more willingly of good judgment personality. So I figured, why let her file to stand facing stupid? I posted on her statement the connection to the Dictionary and not compulsory that she wait a stand facing at the real meaning of Xmas.Her response:I don't sting your priestly beliefs, allure don't sting mine.OK.... IF your religion is attacked by a Dictionary, I think it is time to reconsider your beliefs.SO... unwarranted to say like I saw this declaration I was totally blown dazed by the stupidity. In the sphere of I was stony to hoist, let her know that Xmas wasn't some render of pagan highjacking of a Christian holiday and I get hit with that. WOWYou know how pagans be inclined to to move quietly holidays... Yeah.So I went in advance and innocently broken up her. I wouldn't resolve to commotion her with the potential Yule season in front of. I conjecture we'll innocently let the Christians store the Christ in ChristmasRiiiiiiight Namaste & Spiritual BSosanna)O(Work out Confessions of a Modern Witch