Popular Posts

Sunday 9 December 2012

Remembering And Honoring Professor Stuart C Hackett

Remembering And Honoring Professor Stuart C Hackett
Stuart was natural on November 2, 1925 and agreed away on October 17, 2012. Paul Copan, a main supporter of his and Go of the Evangelical Philosophical Affiliation, wrote a very laudable commemoration to him which can be read in this. Stu was my professor as well, a sometimes flamboyant map with the eat for verbal communication very yearn sentences chock-a-block with quick to recover words to bite off on.

Circus amount to Paul Copan, my young class at Trinity Evangelical Supernatural being Lecture in was conquered with Stu, and it was the incredibly one, "Accounting Epistemology". I had conquered that class in the Topple of 1982 three animation previous Copan, abandoned I argued in opposition to Hackett's dualistic rational-empiricism epistemology and resolute in addition to to take as many classes with William Course Craig as I possibly will (which made up so partial of the hours sure for my Th.M. component in the View of Theology). My own memoirs of Stu, in print covering five animation ago, can be read in this.

In Copan's commemoration he lists specific Christian scholars/educators who after that thought-out under Hackett moreover himself: William Course Craig, Stephen Evans, Jay Wood, Touch McLeod-Harrison, Chad Meister, Touch Linville, Touch Mittelberg, and Nicholas Merriwether. So I'm in good back-to-back. Once at Trinity I after that thought-out under the too late Kenneth Kantzer, the main editor of "Christianity Now" overfriendly as the "Dean of Evangelicalism", and the too late Paul Feinberg, a in part snooty plan together with evangelicals at the time, nonetheless he didn't dose that afar. Stu stimulus be missed, lone amount to Kantzer and Feinberg previous him. It's too bad they stimulus never know they were wrong. They stimulus never know they were on the wrong slope of history.

In any casing, acquaint with is one thing you necessity know about me. You may irregular I'm wrong, but I am sound not uneducated. That probability is not made known to you. I allow thought-out with the best and the brightest, including the unforeseen James D. Strauss, whom I reverence with my anti-apologetics. I lone take his apologetics and reverse it. Principal students of his shield James F. Sennett, Terry Miethe, John D. Castelein, Richard Knopp, Dan Cameron, and Robert Kurka, so I'm in good back-to-back acquaint with as well.