Popular Posts

Friday 19 February 2010

Candle Thursday This Is You Spell To Welcome The New Year

Candle Thursday This Is You Spell To Welcome The New Year Image
Happy New Year! Since many people are known to make 'New Year Resolutions,' and those resolutions generally revolve around breaking some kind of habit, today's "Thursday This Is Your Spell..." will include some spells designed to help you break a habit, along with a House Blessing spell, a House Cleansing Spell, (to start the new year with a cleansed, blessed home) and a ritual for Peace (don't we all - or almost all, anyways - want peace..?)

SELF-IMPROVEMENT SPELL

Items needed:

* wooden clothespin

* black felt-tipped marker

* small piece or pieces of paper on which you have written the bad habit (s) or trait (s) you wish to dispel

* some black thread

* a pin

* black pepper

Shield, ground and center, cast circle, charge of the Goddess. Sit quietly and meditate on changes you wish to occur. Raise power by chanting the following:

"This spell I do, within my rights to be free

Darken my house no more! Begone! Begone from me!
"

Color clothespin with black pen and tie pieces of paper (mentioned above) around the clothespin and secure with black thread. Sprinkle clothespin with pepper, and then stick pin into clothespin while repeating the same chant. Raise energy with chant and send off. Ground, cakes and wine, thank the Goddess, open the circle. Bury the clothespin near your front door.

TO CLEANSE A HOME OF NEGATIVE ENERGY

These are especially good measures to take when moving into a new place, beginning ritual activities in a new space, or to release bad feelings when an inhabitant has been sick or has died.

To cleanse a single room

NEEDED:

* newspaper

* a blue candle

* salt

* sage

On top of newspaper, set a blue candle. Surround with a circle of salt. Burn a little sage in the room. Light the candle, making sure it won't tip over. Close the door and let the candle burn down. When finished, take newspaper, salt, and candle leaving and bury far from your home.

To cleanse a house

NEEDED:

* four candles -black, white, purple or dark red, and blue

* salt

* sage

* rosemary

* basil

* lavender

* other fragrant herbs you find appealing

* broom

Select four corners. Set the four candles one in each corner: north - black, east - white, south - purple or dark red, west - blue. Sprinkle a little salt at each doorway and window. Burn sage in each room, paying special attention to windows and doors. Strew the herbs then sweep them up with the salt. Cast the swept herbs out your front door. *You may want to sweep them off your porch so they aren't on your property anymore.

HOUSE BLESSING

NEEDED:

* red wine

* chalice or cup

Find the center point of the house. If there is more than one level, then use the stairs as the center. Take a sip of wine at each turn. Face the East saying:

Lady of Love and power and all blessings,

Breathe Love into this house.

Fill the air with good.

Through you and in you, I bless this house.

Face the South saying:

Lady of Love and living and all blessings,

Warm this house with comfort.

Make whole its hearth.

Through you and in you, I bless this house.

Face the West saying:

Lady of tide and time and all blessings,

Let every hour flow sweetly in this house.

Make pure its tides.

Through you and in you, I bless this house.

Face the North saying:

Lady of earth and stability and all blessings,

Plant security within this boundary.

Make strong its defenses.

Through you and in you, I bless this house.

Drain the cup at the end. Turn to all four points twice more and repeat each time: You are blessed

PEACE RITUAL

Design this ritual to suit your needs. Choose candle colors that represent the things you seek peace for (e.g., maybe green and brown for peace on earth).

"From out of the dark and into the light

A circular mark, a candle burns bright.

I look towards the sky... my song do I sing.

Spirits soar high and gifts do I bring.

I offer my all! My mind, I then clear

Hearken my call! I feel you are near!

Candle burns higher; my spirits set free!

Hotter than fire, this magic will be!

Let magic come 'round, from under the ground,

To form with my sound and then, to be bound!

Around me I feel the magic so real,

Before you I kneel.. The spell I now seal!

Let all hatred cease And let there be peace!

These words that I say, with magic away!

This spell that I send is now at an end.

Let the magic I've laid, go forth and not fade!

SO MOTE IT BE!

DISCLAIMER: NO ONE INVOLVED IN THIS BLOG OR ITS CONTENTS MAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE REACTIONS ARISING FROM FOLLOWING ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS/RECIPES ON THIS LIST. IT IS THE READER'S PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY TO EXERCISE ALL PRECAUTIONS AND USE HIS OR HER OWN DISCRETION IF FOLLOWING ANY INSTRUCTIONS OR ADVICE FROM THIS BLOG.



Also read these ebooks:

Walter Gibson - Witchcraft A History Of The Black Art
Dom Antoine Joseph Pernety - A Treatis On The Great Art


Labels: greek gods and goddesses quizzes  gods and goddesses of egypt  greek gods and goddesses quizzes  magic and spells  family tree greek gods and goddesses  witches wicca